What is Sport Therapy?
Sport therapy is an aspect of healthcare that is specifically concerned with the prevention of sports injury and rehabilitation of the patient back to optimum levels of functional, occupational and sports specific fitness, regardless of age or ability.
Sports massage works at a much deeper level to cause a positive reaction in the muscles this is achieved by increasing blood flow and drainage of waste products which can reduce muscle soreness. It also breaks down adhesions within the soft tissues leading to increased muscle flexibility and addresses muscle imbalances via application of advanced stretching techniques.
Do any of the following sound familiar?
• Back, shoulder and neck pain, after a day slaving away at the office
• Tight, sore muscles, preventing you from reaching your training goals
• Injury prone body parts, due to poor flexibility
• Tired muscles which impair your ability to enjoy life
Benefits you can expect from an effective Sports Massage;
• Stimulation of the muscles to release toxic waste
• Preparation of muscles for exercise
• Supported training routines
• Relaxation of tired muscles after exercise
• Improved flexibility, for an active lifestyle
• Faster rehabilitation after injury
• Alleviation of stress/ tension
• Improved posture . . . read more